Healthy Summer Dips
The summer brings with it plenty of fresh fruits and veggies, which make for deliciously healthy dishes. Try these great summer recipes.
3 c. kale leaves, destemmed and finely chopped
2 medium avocados
1 small lime, juiced
1-2 garlic cloves, minced
¼ c. red onion, finely chopped
½ jalapeno, cored and finely chopped (optional)
6 tbsp. cilantro, finely chopped
1 tomato, finely chopped
½ tsp. salt
1 c. baby carrots
1 c. celery, chopping
3 inch pieces
1 c. bell peppers, chopped into thin slices
1. Use a food processor to save time chopping.
2. Process the garlic until minced, then add cilantro, jalapeno, onion, and tomato.
3. Pulse until finely chopped.
4. Add avocados and lime juice and blend until smooth and place into a medium bowl.
5. Add kale into processor and blend until finely chopped.
6. Add avocado mixture into processor and pulse until well combined.
7. Serve with carrots, celery, and bell peppers.
Cucumber Mango Salsa
1½ c. mango, diced
1½ c. cucumber, diced
½ c. red onion, diced
½ c. cilantro, chopped
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced (optional, depending on your taste)
4 tbsp. fresh lime juice
¼ tsp. black pepper
1. Mix all ingredients in a bowl.